The One About Being Happy


Positive thoughts from bbc.co.uk/slink

Sunday 14 June 2009

The One About School Trips

Okay, I LOVE school trips, but can never decide what to wear. For the entire week before the actual trip everyone is asking you, changing their mind, borrowing stuff, and you STILL have no idea what the unnofficial 'dress code' is- the type of thing that everyone ends up wearing.

In the next 2 weeks, I have 2 trips- one to France (going to Boulogne, and shopping), and one to Ypres (History trip, looking at the graves).

For the Boulogne trip (a day), we had a letter sent out, saying that we couldn't wear: Low-cut tops, short shorts (had to be knee length or longer), short skirts or short dresses. Well, since the letter also reccomened taking a 'bum bag' (I think that it was worded as a 'body belt'), everybody decided that it was probrably written in about 1990, so we're just going to wear whatever.

The Ypres trip is another day trip, but since we're going to the massive graveyards, do we need to wear dark colours? It's obvious that some t-shirt slogans shouldn't be worn, but are we expected to wear dark stuff? Also, this trip is 18 hours, so I need to take a BIG bag.

At the moment, it looks like I'm wearing my blue ruffled dress with red hearts and flowers on, and having a small-ish black handbag (we can leave stuff on the coach) with my black flip-flops for the France trip, and my black flowery dress, black flip flops and brown massive handbag (I know that you dont normally wear black and brown together, but there are other colours on the dress so it's okay) for the Ypres trip.

I'll probrably change my mind again before the trips (this friday and next friday), but do these outfits sound okay? xx

2 comments:

  1. the outfits seem FINE 2 ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeees they sound lurvleh ;D speshally the Ypres one ^^

    ReplyDelete