The One About Being Happy


Positive thoughts from bbc.co.uk/slink

Saturday 9 May 2009

The One About OCD

I HAVE CURED MY OCD(well a bit of it anyway)!!!! See, what I USED to do is counting my steps up to 8, and then start again. I had all sorts of rules, like my left leg was odd numbers and my right leg was even.

But then, when I was walking across this field to go and do my paper round, I was listening to a song (that I don't really like that much: Idaho by Nerina Pallot), then I suddenly realised that I had been listening to the song so carefully that I wasn't counting my steps! This might seem like I'd just forgotten, but I've been doing it for about a year, and I can be having a conversation with someone, thinking about what we're talking about and STILL counting my steps.

So then, for the hour and a half that I was doing my paper round, I wasn't counting my steps AT ALL. I even stopped my 'surface changing thing'- where if I was walking on some grass and about to walk onto some concrete, for example, I'd have to have my last step on my right leg, and my first step on my left leg, and it'd have to be on a 2, 4 or 8 step. Strange, I know.

BUT I HAVE STOPPED DOING THAT!! Well, I hope it'll last lol. But it was so relaxing to just listen to my music, not having to practice counting up to 8.

I also have some other OCD-ish stuff but if I type it, I think that I would be classified as unstable/unhinged lol. xx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get one word of that!

    ReplyDelete